Why we love it
Tiger Tops Karnali Lodge is located in Bardia National Park in the west of Nepal. Bardia and Chitwan National Parks are two of the most well-preserved jungle areas in Nepal and Karnali Lodge is considered to be one of the very best lodges in Nepal both in terms of its accommodation and their wildlife guiding.
Renowned for their jungle conservation, Tiger Tops is synonymous with sustainable jungle tours, operating lodges at both of these sites. Observe tigers, rhinos, elephants, crocodiles, leopards and deer all in their natural habitat on a Tiger Tops guided jungle safari.
Bardia is a very unspoilt park, as most tourists travel to Chitwan due to its closer proximity to Kathmandu and Pokhara. Bardia is worth the extra effort in terms of travel, and guests are always rewarded with a quieter, more in depth wildlife experience.
Karnali Lodge offers nine newly decorated Signature rooms each with en suite bathrooms. We love its simple style, comfort and focus on privacy and calm, to take you off-grid. Additionally, there are 12 Traditional rooms, built using local materials and traditional building methods.
The rooms are designed to minimize their impact on the environment and it beautifully blends local Tharu design with international levels of comfort, soft neutral colours and fabrics and locally sourced furnishings. Also, the lodge is powered with Solar energy.
Highlights and activities
- Incredible walking, jeep, river and walking safaris or bird watching
- Bardia National Park is much less visited than Chitwan and offers a more exclusive wildlife experience
- Recently refurbished and the new rooms are of a superb standard
- Tiger Tops are pioneers in terms of eco-friendly sustainable tourism practices
- Food is grown in their organic garden, so is delicious and fresh